but if you have any questions, please text 213-447-2090
How to Make a Realistic Fabric Flower in 5 Minutes
Do you feel intrigued by the fabric flowers you see on hairbands, dresses, or other accessories? Do you wish you knew how to create realistic flowers from fabric? If yes, you have landed on the right DIY blog as, here, you will learn to create fabric flowers in a very simple way. In the end, we have shared a secret tip for you as well. So, read till the end.
Since there are a variety of flowers that you can make using fabrics, we will discuss the steps to create a French Pouf (Flower) and aRosette Flower.
How to Make a French Pouf (Flower)
- Take the fabric you want to make flowers with and draw a simple flower shape on it with a pencil or pen. To create an elegant flower, you can also use lace fabric.
- Cut around 5 to 10 flowers from the fabric depending on the thickness of the fabric.
- Take circular fabric scrap with size a bit smaller than the flowers you have cut out.
- Put a dot of hot glue in its center.
- Fold each flower cutout in half and then place two folded flowers on the opposing sides of each other.
- Then, rotate the flower base by one quarter and repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the remaining flower cutouts.
In the end, you can place a cute button, gem, or pearl to adorn it. Besides, to create a more dramatic and vibrant flower, you can take flower cutouts from different fabrics.
How to Make a Rosette Flower
- Take a long strip of fabric to work with. Consider the length and width of a standard yardstick to get an idea of how long and wide the strip should be.
- Fold the strip in half along the center.
- Firmly crease and pin it with your fingers to hold it as you go ahead.
- Now,start rolling it. Begin at one end of the strip and roll up the fabric into a slightly tight coil. You can also use a pin or needle to hold the center coil in place.
- Then, start wrapping around the center of your rosette.
- To add more texture and create an appealing look, twist about two to three times in each round for a more realistic petal look.
- After about 4 to 5 rounds, slightly loosen the wrap for a more natural-looking flower.
In the end, tuck the end of the strip either using a pin or hot glue. To make it stable, add a felt or base on the backside and fix the flower with hot glue. Now, you use it the way you want.
A Secret Tip Just for You
Did you know that, apart from adding fabric flowers, you can also transform the look of your dresses and accessories with flower lace trims?
Flower lace trims are the easiest way to enhance the borders, veils, hats, costumes, jeans, drapes, art and craft, scrapbook, table runner edges, greeting cards, tutus, bridal dresses, etc. Besides, you can also think about adding lace appliqués, embellished pieces, ruffle ribbons, mesh fabric with ruffle flowers, and more. And you can buy them easily at Amore Lace and Fabrics at very budget-friendly prices.
Check out our collection of stunning flower lace trims in varying colors, patterns, designs, styles, and sizes.